A great advantage to a blog is that it decreases the amount of useless joke forward emails that get sent around the internet. Don't get me wrong, joke forward emails are an important part in the internet user's maturation process, but they are similar to zits in my mind. They are just an ugly phase that some individuals go through while experiencing "cyber adolescence." This phase usually lasts until someone chastises you for getting out of hand and calls you annoying and you start to realize you are sending out jokes that everyone else has already received or could go find on their own if they were really interested. And similar to facial hair, as the one receiving the joke forwards, at first it is fascinating, but once you have to deal with it daily it quickly gets old.

Past "cyber adolescence" comes the jingoistic period of trying to warn your fellow "cyberites" that there are things to be weary off in that crazy World Wide Web! And the new found feeling of camaraderie with your cyber pals, since you have weather cyber adolescence together, requires you to move past forwarding jokes to more important matters such as every request to mail your friends because Bill Gates will give money to , and that my friends ex boyfriend who is a Terrorist warned her not to drink Coke and Pepsi, etc., etc., etc. But then you realize that 9 of 10 mass forward emails are simply hoaxes or urban legends, most likely because your younger brother felt the need to embarrass you in front of all your friends and let you know to use a little common sense before forwarding :) (sorry Sarah and Leigh).

What I have seen is that all forwards have about a 2 year life cycle... they will go away for a while and then the same jokes, legends, and hoaxes will show back up, to provide the unenlightening some room to get chastised by their now cyber savvy friends.

Ok, that was quite a tangent, my point when I started to post this entry, was to share a funny quote that my big brother at Lambda Chi Alpha sent me yesterday (he seems to be regressing back to adolescence). The beautiful thing is, I am weeding out all the UNfunny quotes to just provide you with this one, that made me LOL ("laugh out loud" for those down with the "cyber lingo"):

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough
blood to run one at a time.
"
- Robin Williams

So I just checked to see if this quote was actually from Robin Williams and I found the exact text of the email that was sent to me in not 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 places... but the first 20 result from google. Just more proof to think twice before forwarding.

By the way... I think adding "cyber" to anything adds about 5 funny points to it. Try it sometime.