I went to eat at Roy's tonight... after realizing I had a max of $80 a day to spend on food. After a rip off breakfast downstairs and a cheap lunch with the chaps from the San Francisco office, I had around $54 to blow on dinner... I reached my goal easily and even went over by $3... shouldn't have gotten the coffee.

I sat at the single diner section, which offered a glass wall so that you could watch the chefs... it was pretty entertaining. Fran was my waitress... she was nice, and the also had a very good beverage server. Plus 3 other waiters checked in on me while I was eating... I love good service.

The first two days here have been unremarkable (that is my new word... the doctors kept using it to describe Pearl's other organs... it's apparently a good thing), work from 9-6:45 (that is noon - 9:45 for you East coasters). Did get thanked by the former CEO and VP of the company Symantec purchased. This is a good opportunity for me to get some visibility. I say former cause they are now Exec's with Symantec but not Senior Execs. But they are my boss's boss's boss and his boss respectively. One or two down from John Thompson... the CEO of Symantec.

Lee and Andy are coming into town this weekend to keep me company. We only have a giants game planned, but I am sure we will have a good ol time. Will be good to see them.

I was also told today that I will be on this team until at least the end of the year, so that means I will be coming out here in the future... I imagine 2 or 3 more times. I will be bringing my wife with me if she can afford the time.